CAP Members' Page
Welcome to the Cancer Alert Practice Members' page for veterinary practices, where you will find resources, information and announcements reserved for our practice members. Please check back here regularly for ongoing updates about this campaign.
CAP for Vet Practices is a UK-wide programme developed by the Animal Cancer Trust charity.
The aims of CAP are to:
- Support and promote the great work that vets and nurses in first opinion veterinary practices are doing to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer in our pets
- Provide support for veterinary staff and pet owners
- Cancer Alert Practice (CAP) Member Benefits for Veterinary Practices
- Veterinary staff of member practices will have access to a dedicated members' section, accessed via a secure log-in, containing up to date and accurate information on:
- Diagnosis of specific types of cancer
- Treatment options available including approximate costs and locations of referral practices
- Prognosis via critical appraisal of published research
- How to safely do chemotherapy in first opinion practice
- How to approach carrying out clinical research in practice
- Vets will also have access to advice from oncology specialists in the form of our trustees. This is our first campaign to involve and work with first opinion veterinary practices. Register your interest to join us now. We need as many vet practices as possible to join us.
ACT now to become a CAP!
We need as many vet practices as possible to join us. Please complete the form here to register your interest to become a Cancer Alert Practice member.